This is a collection of the types of questions heard at voter registration events. All answers are from authoritative sources (cited). We hope you find this list useful. If you have a question not answered here, please submit it using our Contact page.
Voter Registration Organizations
If you live in Greenville County but aren’t registered to vote, the best way to find your polling place is to visit the Greenville County Geographical Information System (GCGIS) website.
Click on “Advanced Internet Mapping System,” then do the following:
- Click anywhere outside the “Disclaimer” box to close the disclaimer
- Click “Search” in the top left corner
- Select the first “Search” option in the drop-down menu
- Start typing your home address. When you get to the first or second letter in the street name, you should see your address in the drop-down menu
- Click your home address in the drop-down. This should zoom in to an aerial photo of your block
- Click the “Community Info” button at the top of the page. You should see “Click on the map for information” at the top left of the page
- Click on the picture of your home. A new drop-down should appear under “Community Info”
- Click “Voter Information” in the drop-down. Your Voting Precinct (name and number) and Polling Site should be the first two items shown